🧪 Our review process
Our testing team independently researches, tests, and recommends the best products to help keep your houseplants absolutely thriving. Learn more about our testing and review process here.
You know how you spend hours staring at your indoor plants each day, breaking your gaze only for mundane tasks like eating and going to the bathroom? You’ve got plants on your shelves, you’ve got plants on your windowsills, you’ve got plants on just about any surface you can manage to squeeze a 2″ pot onto. And now, you can even have plants inside of your furniture…
…with a terrarium table.
Terrarium tables act as a mini-ecosystem. The table is housed by a glass panel that is suspended above a planter with legs, – the perfect place to house indoor plants, succulents, and even cacti.
Pretty cool, right?
If this sounds like something you’d be into, here are the best terrarium tables to suit a range of different indoor plants and styles of home decor.
The best terrarium tables
1. Best terrarium desk: BloomingTables Desk
key specs: 34 x 35 x 21in. or 864 x 889 x 533mm (HxLxW) | supports up to 400lbs or 181.4kg | lifetime warranty
Get rid of your boring old computer desk and replace it with a BloomingTables Desk. Coming in either a white or black design, the BloomingTables Desk is a beautiful, innovative, and functional piece of furniture that brings the beauty of nature into the heart of your home. The table is fitted with a waterproof acrylic tub that houses various indoor plants and comes with an optional removable glass top. It also has a built-in drain valve to make emptying excess water effortless, making this product the perfect way to top off your indoor garden.
- Adds those terrarium style vibes to your home office or living room
- Large enough to be fitted with a range of different decorative accessories
- Can hold up to a massive 400lbs of weight
- Lifetime warranty
- Only suitable for low-lying plants only like cacti, succulents, and vining indoor plants
2. Best terrarium display table: SEI Furniture Terrarium Display Coffee Table
key specs: 18.5 x 42.5 x 21in. or 470 x 1080 x 533mm (HxLxW) | supports up to 70lbs or 31.8kg | weighs 58lbs or 26.3kg
Display your plants in style with the SEI Furniture Terrarium Display Coffee Table. Its 2-door compartment is fitted with magnetic door closers while its black frame design will complement any home decor. This featured piece makes a great addition to any living room or dining room, and it also serves as an attractive coffee table or sleek cocktail table where you can enjoy snacks and beverages with family and friends.
- Also comes in a media table design that is 30inches or 762mm high or an end table design that measures 21 x 21 x 24 inches
- Sturdy metal compartment bottom
- Reinforced glass
- Doubles up nicely as display cabinet or reptile enclosure
- The product will require sealing with a silicone to make it waterproof
- No drainage hole
3. Best terrarium coffee table: BloomingTables Coffee Table
key specs: 18x 35 x 22in. or 457 x 889 x 559mm (HxLxW) | supports up to 400lbs or 181.4kg | lifetime warranty
BloomingTables is a sleek, modern coffee table that doubles up as a self-sustaining ecosystem for growing your own indoor plants. It is ideal for those who are looking to bring the beauty of nature indoors without the hassles of maintenance and watering. The BloomingTables Coffee Table comes in two slight variations with a white or black frame. Both variants have an acrylic waterproof tub with a twist-to-open drain to valve that protects indoor plants against over watering. And UV resistant suction cups hold the glass top in place for added stability.
- Comes in two different color variations, black and white
- The acrylic tub and glass panel are set at a height that makes this terrarium table perfect for succulent and air plant varieties
- Lifetime warranty
- Integrated passive cooling system
- Because of its suspended glass top, this terrarium table isn’t something you’ll want to kick your feet up onto after a hard day’s work
4. Best succulent coffee table: Square Terrarium Display End Table with Reinforced Glass
key specs: 27 x 18 x 18in. or 686 x 457 x 457mm (HxLxW) | product weighs 32.7lbs | weighs 32.7lbs or 14.8kg
With its beautiful design, the Square Terrarium Display End Table with Reinforced Glass is a unique and functional piece of furniture. It has 8 holes in its reinforced glass that allow for a healthy exchange of air, allowing your indoor plants to grow healthily. It also has a sleek, sturdy black frame and is perfect to display small succulents or to put beside your sofa or kitchen bench as an end table.
- Excellent for small plant life and air plant varieties
- No tools required for construction
- Affordably priced
- Because of its sleek, tall design, this terrarium table is the best option for heavy indoor gardens that require lots of potting mix or larger pebbles
- The terrarium display console isn’t sealed so if you wish to house indoor plants that require a lot of water, you’ll need to seal the glass terrarium with some sort of waterproof sealant
5. Best terrarium console table: BloomingTables Entryway Table
key specs: 34 x 36 x 12in. or 864 x 914 x 305mm (HxLxW) | supports up to 200lbs or 90.7kg | lifetime warranty
BloomingTables Entryway Table is a luxury terrarium table that makes a unique conversational piece. It’s tall, long, and narrow design means it won’t take up valuable floor space, while its capacity of 200lbs and waterproof acrylic tub means no mess or water spills. It is perfect for small indoor plants and moss gardens, setting the tone of your home decor as soon as you step through the front door. The BloomingTables Entryway Table comes in both a white or black design.
- Both the black and white design have a unique but universal look, allowing it to fit right into contemporary decor
- Adds a touch of greenery to any living space
- Lifetime warranty
- Not as wide as other options on the market, making it perfect to house a set of car keys or a pile of mail, but not a laptop or TV
6. Best round terrarium table: Round Terrarium Display End Table with Reinforced Glass
key specs: 26.5 x 20 x 20in. or 673 x 508 x 508mm (HxDxW) | product weighs 35.6lbs | weighs 35.6lbs or 16.1kg
The Round Terrarium Display End Table with Reinforced Glass is a beautiful piece that blends form and function. It has a sturdy iron frame, a recessed glass top, and 8 holes that offer fresh air for plant life. This terrarium style design is a great addition to any room of your home, makes the ideal home for terrarium plants, and couples as a great option for a succulent garden.
- Sturdy, stylish and a perfect fit for your living space
- Made of durable and long-lasting materials that’s easy to clean and maintain
- The reinforced glass top gives you a clear view of your beautiful terrarium plants
- The round shape adds a touch of class to your home
- This table is not suitable for use for weight intensive indoor gardens
7. Best terrarium side table: BloomingTables Side Table
key specs: 24 x 23 x 23in. or 610 x 584 x 584mm (HxLxW) | supports up to 200lbs or 181.4kg | lifetime warranty
BloomingTables is a must have for every home. It’s a beautiful side table that keeps your plants fresh and healthy, with the bonus of doubling as a refreshing display cocktail table. The built-in tub has a waterproof acrylic planter that keeps water from leaking out and is large enough to house indoor plants, herbs, or succulents. It’s also sleek, with enough personality to fit any interior style – coming in either a white or black design.
- Durable, lightweight, and easy to assemble
- A stunning addition to any indoor or outdoor living space
- A side table with a space-saving design
- Lifetime warranty
- Being a side table, it’s not as tall as other terrarium table options on the market
|1||BloomingTables Desk||5 out of 5||Shop this Table|
|2||SEI Furniture Terrarium Display Coffee Table||4.1 out of 5||View on Amazon|
|3||BloomingTables Coffee Table||5 out of 5||Shop this Table|
|4||Square Terrarium Display End Table with Reinforced Glass||4.2 out of 5||View on Amazon|
|5||BloomingTables Entryway Table||5 out of 5||Shop this Table|
|6||Round Terrarium Display End Table with Reinforced Glass||3.8 out of 5||View on Amazon|
|7||BloomingTables Side Table||5 out of 5||Shop this Table|
Now, let’s fill your new terrarium table with plant life
The fun part, let’s look at what you can use in your new terrarium table with a terrarium style that fits the feel of your home. There are a ton of different options, you could opt for some stunning greenery like a moss garden, you could shoot for a dry savannah filled with cacti and gnarled pieces of wood, or, if the terrarium table is sealed, you could even go with a hydroponic scene filled with water-loving plants.
Let’s check out the best options.
BloomingTable Terrarium Style Design
Along with BloomingTable’s high-quality range of terrarium tables, the BloomingTable team also offers five different terrarium styles that include beautifully landscaped decorative accessories.
BloomingTable Grape Wood – Succulents
Bring the beauty of the outdoors indoors with this plant kit from BloomingTables. This succulent garden comprises a variety of succulents and gorgeous decorative rocks. To complete it, they’ve added striking grape wood from wineries in Napa Valley, California.
This landscape is best for those looking for a close to zero maintenance terrarium garden. The BloomingTable Moss garden comes fitted with two colors of preserved moss and stunningly finished Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir grape wood sourced from the picturesque vineyards of Napa Valley, California.
Want to decorate your home office or living space with a compact desert scene? If so, why not try out BloomingTable’s Cacti decorative kit. This scene will spruce up any space with its colorful hand-picked cacti, weather-beaten wood pieces, and light-colored pebbles.
Rainforests make life worth living. Now you can easily bring some of that home with the stunning BloomingTable Vines scene. This kit comes to you with beautiful ivy that, over time, will quickly spread and hang over the edges of the planter, creating a display that is sure to catch the eye. The design is also topped off with a spectacular piece of Napa Valley grape wood.
BloomingTable White Rock
Or, to meet the style of a more contemporary space, why not give the BloomingTable White Rock terrarium style design a go. The BloomingTable White Rock includes a range of different succulent varieties and is finished off with white crushed rock to give it that modern, stylish look.
how to make a terrarium table?
There are several different ways to make a terrarium table. One of the easier ways is to use a fish tank, glass container, or large glass bowl, make a wood finish stand or make use of some metal shelves, and viola. You could also use a pre-loved display table from a thrift shop, tidy it up a little, and bada bing bada boom – a super easy terrarium table. Or, you can construct one yourself using a few panes of glass, a few lengths of wood, some wood glue, and a little know-how.
To see how we made our terrarium table, check out our DIY Terrarium Table step-by-step guide here.
Whether you’re looking for a novel way to bring more plants into a tight living space or you’re wanting to add some greenery to your computer desk, a terrarium table is a great addition to your indoor garden. The best part is, terrarium tables are very versatile. They can grow small plants like succulents, tropical plants, and hydroponic plants which all take well to a terrarium ecosystem.
Have fun with your experiment, and don’t be afraid to get a bit messy – don’t worry, it’ll be a beautiful mess. You might just discover that your new terrarium table opens your eyes to the possibilities of gardening behind glass, introducing you to a hobby that you’ll enjoy for the rest of your life.
🎖️ why trust us?
The list of products featured within this post was all researched, compiled, and written by Brody Hall. Brody is a freelance writer, Environmental Scientist, qualified Horticulturist, and serious indoor plant enthusiast. All the indoor fertilizers he featured within this list were chosen for their industry-leading design, superior performance, and application to indoor growing requirements.
shop our recommendations
- Tested: AeroGarden Harvest Elite with Gourmet Herb Seed Pod Kit
- Best grow lights for cannabis for high yield
- 10 best plant food options for indoor plants (for every kind of plant)
- The best pH meter to test soil conditions
- The best hydroponic tower for indoor gardening
- plant care